|NATE Core, Air Conditioning & Heat Pumps Certification Prep Training Online (A Career Builder Course)
Contact Hours: 250
|NATE’s certification tests represent real world working knowledge of HVACR systems and candidates can earn installation and/or service certification in one or more specialty areas. NATE certification tests are developed by the NATE technical committee. The NATE technical committee is comprised of industry experts who developed and oversee NATE’s Knowledge Areas of Technician Expertise (KATEs). Each exam is developed based on these knowledge areas of expertise. The technical committee represents a wide variety of perspectives including contractors, educators, manufacturers, and utilities. Members also are diversely spread throughout the country. NATE certification requires that you pass the Core exam (if required) and one Specialty exam.
This is a comprehensive study course for HVAC Technicians interested in passing your NATE Core certification exam. Students will have full access to the Core, Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Course content. Course Materials are NATE study guides recognized by industry testing and certification organizations (Sold separately).
The NATE Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps Prep course covers the following:
- Human comfort and system selection
- Heat transfer and the basic refrigeration cycle
- System components
- Electrical components
- Installation guidelines
- Reading electrical schematics
- Troubleshooting electrical circuits
- System performance checks
- Gas and Oil Heating
How Does This Course Work?
- Reading assignments are short. 3-5 pages per assignment... easy evening read.
- Videos and supplementary information reinforce each module of instruction.
- Post questions and have discussions in the online classroom forum.
- Attend or review our live training events.
- Request live one-on-one training for areas where you need help.
- Apply your knowledge with our online HVAC simulation.
- Test your knowledge with end of module exams.
Please note: Course of study may be completed earlier than indicated.
|The NATE Core exam tests a candidate’s general knowledge, construction knowledge, and HVACR specific knowledge in the areas of:
- Soft skills
- Trade tools
- Heat and matter
- Electrical diagrams
- Test instruments
- Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps
|This course of study contains the following for assessment purposes:
- Expert Instructor Support
- Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations
- End of Module Exams
- Complying with Government Regulations
- Personal Safety and Work Practices
- Personal Safety Around Moving Machinery
- Electrical Safety
- Safe Brazing and Soldering Practices
- Safe Handling of Containers
- Understanding Hazmat
- Tools & Scales - Basic Math Measurement
- Fabrication Tools
- Tubing Tools
- Plans and Specifications
- Plumbing (Piping) Layouts
- Room Specs - Clear Span & Ceiling Heights
- Girders & Trusses
Using Basic Science
- Chemistry Basics
- Electrical Basic Terms
- AC and DC Circuits
- Basic Circuit Analysis
- Electricity - Generation and Distribution
- Solid State Electronics
- Pressure Measurements
- Graphs, Charts & Tables
Electrical Load Types
Achieving Desired Conditions
- Air Quality
Taking Temp & Humidity Measurements
- Physical Measurements - Temperature & Heat
- Humidity Measurement and Calculations
- Field Wiring Diagrams
- Pictorial Diagrams
- Schematic (Ladder) Diagrams
- Single Phase Motors
- Three Phase Motors
- Variable speed motors - ECM, BPM, and VSIM
- Actuator Motors
- Digital Electrical Meters
NATE Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Class:
- Human Comfort and System Selection
- Heat Transfer and the Basic Refrigeration Cycle
- System Components
- Electrical Components
- Installation Guidelines
- Reading Electrical Schematics
- Troubleshooting Electric Circuits
- System Performance Checks